Watercolour Whimsy // Poem

11:30

Hey cats!

It's been a long time and I've missed this very much. This isn't the start of regular posting unfortunately, but it is a step in the right direction and a huge leap in my own personal progress. I've had a lot going on lately and when I have time I will write an update post; for now I have a very small poem to share with you. This is quite significant for me because I haven't actually written creatively in many, many years nor have I written any more poetry since finishing university 5-6 years ago. The reason this poem is significant is because I could usually only write when I was angry or depressed and that would also usually be the subject area of the writing itself, this poem however wasn't wrote in anger or rage, simply a calm and relaxed mood; something I have never been capable of...until now that is. I haven't yet worked out what allowed this to happen but it definitely represents some sort of shift or change within me and I'm looking forward to reflecting more upon this. So for now, a small offering to my blog, a little ditty about how painting with watercolours makes me feel in its most basic sense.


I want to watch those colours wash away all the noise,
And bathe in the lagoon of clarity that my brush creates with poise.
I want time to slow as colour drifts off of the page,
The colours are my clarity, the brush my personal Sage.
Paint me quiet, calm and still,
I start to sink in, the moment the page begins to fill.
A gentle, soothing sound the paper lets out as I caress it,
I'm nothing more, nothing less, than a watercolour addict.


If you have any ideas to throw me on what I should have a go at painting, I'd be most appreciative! Let me know in the comments!

Stay curious



Keep up with me on Bloglovin' / Twitter / Instagram / Pinterest / YouTube

You Might Also Like

0 .

Check out my profile at Bloggers Required
Follow