Very Berry and Banana Smoothie

00:19

Hey cats!

I'm new to this whole being healthy thing, the tipping point for me was having my share of the flu that's circulating at the moment. I don't know if it's just me but whenever I'm ill I tend to drink lots of fizzy drinks because it helps get rid of that taste of feeling unwell (rather than water which is my norm). However, I bought some Innocent smoothies, figured maybe it was worth a shot to have something that tastes nice and was getting some vitamins into me, right? Believe it or not it checked both boxes, whilst making me feel like I'd achieved something for being healthy.
Since then I've slowly started making my own smoothies. I find them filling, refreshing and tasty, not to mention really quick and easy to make for something that is sooo good for you! Have them on the go or while you're at home, as something you can eat leisurely with a spoon or to chug down in a hurry. I also like how you can sneak something super nutritious like chia seeds in without really knowing they're there! And the best thing? They're so much cheaper to have than fresh fruit or shop bought smoothies (after all the cost builds up if you're always having to buy fresh/branded)

So yes, there's probably tonnes of smoothie recipes out there, but here's a really simple template if you're just starting out:

Ingredients
Very Berry and Banana

1 banana
1 handful frozen mixed berries
1 handful frozen blueberries
1 handful frozen strawberries
1/2 tablespoon chia seeds
1/2 glass almond milk

- Blend as preferred. You may have to stop and give it a shake or stir at some points.

I use a Tower blender for my smoothies, it seems to get the job done.
* These ingredients are a guide, add as little or as much of each as you want (I always like to add a bit more almond milk after its first had a blend). Also I'm not a fan of banana but I use it to chunky up the smoothie; if you find the flavour coming through too much maybe just use half a banana or instead add some more berries.

Happy smoothie making!

You Might Also Like

0 .

Check out my profile at Bloggers Required
Follow