Going Gluten Free // Health & Lifestyle

11:45

Hey cats!

In the last couple of months I've felt like my body is really letting me down but I can't really put my finger on the cause (although I suspect it's to do with the contraceptive implant) so I've recently been trying to get my body and mind back on form by jumping on the healthy living wagon. For me this is going to be tough because Chronic Fatigue Syndrome coupled with anxiety and depression don't make for a good motivational mix for keeping at things. I'm determined one way or another though to feel better, to have more energy, to be less bloated, to cut down my caffeine intake and to feel much more positive. At first I plan to eat better and in doing so I've decided to go gluten free as I believe a lot of my bloating is down to eating wheat, the two seem to correspond. Once I feel better in myself I want to then strive towards getting fit but not in the sense of losing weight, I want to tone up and improve my flexibility, strength and stamina. And of course in turn I hope that this will improve my state-of-mind and allow me to get out of this rut before Winter kicks in and aggravates my S.A.D/depression even more. I also want to work towards accepting not being perfect and loving my body with all it's wobbly bits, stretch marks, spots, scars and broken veins because at the end of the day all of those things and what caused them has made me the person I am today.

Getting to the point now, I wanted to just note this down so maybe in a while or so I can review my progress/any other changes I made and how I feel. Writing things down for me is cathartic and helpful so if I choose to look back, I might be able to reassure myself when I inevitably want to give up and remain a potato.

Have you tried going gluten free or improving your diet? How did you find it? Let me know!
Here's to a healthy body and happy mind!


You Might Also Like

0 .

Check out my profile at Bloggers Required
Follow