Day Date - OOTD

23:04

Hey cats!

It was mine and my boyfriends 2 year anniversary so we decided to have a fun day out! We took a trip into Manchester, grabbed some breakfast at Wetherspoons and then hopped on the bus to the Trafford Centre. We did a bit of shopping, played mini golf and had our very first Five Guys burger experience!

Here's the look I put together. I wanted it to be smart - which is why I chose this Grecian style dress - but dressed down and comfy - hence the baggy cardigan. I also wanted to add a more girly vibe which is why I paired the dress and cardigan with these cute floral pumps. I chose to use this backpack because it was practical and it could stay on me whilst playing mini golf! It's also got lots of storage without being massive, it looks smart and the colour scheme went with my outfit.


I wore a looser fitting midi dress for the extra comfort and room for eating. What I like though is that the lace panel on the waist creates a fitted look without it being that way, and the slight draping over the top half creates the illusion of a bigger bust, which as a petite lady I find helpful sometimes! Lastly the hanky hem being shorter at the front helps to make sure I don't look shorter than the 5ft that I am and the back being longer creates a lovely, flowing effect.


I think the print of this cardigan is what makes it look so comfy and casual, it reminds me of something you'd use to wrap up warm in whilst sat on the porch of a log cabin in a forest by a lake. I have a very active imagination when it comes to clothes and I tend to enjoy wearing clothes more when they evoke a feeling, a daydream or a memory; just like certain perfumes and smells can. I kept the dress plain so that the cardigan wouldn't clash with anything and would become more of a statement piece.

Because the dress was almost a blank canvas I chose my accessories so that they added a splash of colour but weren't too overpowering for the outfit. The floral ring and colourful chakra bracelets went well with my shoes and although the earrings were fairly large, they were a neutral colour which made sure they didn't stand out too much. I then opted for a statement necklace which I thought added to the Grecian vibe.


Perfume may not always be important to everyone else when they combine an outfit but I always love to do this and pick a scent that I think goes with the look I'm going for. Nine times out of ten, typically I'll go for a bottle coloured similar to my clothes. I chose Soft Musk not only because of this but also because it's a light and powdery scent that still lasts throughout the day without having to re-apply. Naturally this was useful for a full day out and I just took the body spray of it with me just in case!


Dress: New Look
Cardigan: Papaya Weekend @ Matalan
Shoes: Fiore @ Matalan
Backpack: Jane Shilton
Jewellery: Ring by Pilgrim | Bracelets from Karma Thymes | Necklace was a gift | Earrings by Roam @ New Look
Perfume: Soft Musk by Avon

Make-up: Revlon PhotoReady Concealer | L'oreal True Match Minerals Foundation | Makeup Revolution Sugar & Spice Blush Palette | Makeup Revolution Eyes Like Angels Eyeshadow Palette | Revlon Eye Pencil in Aubergine | L'oreal SuperLiner Perfect Slim | Bourjois 1 Seconde Volume Waterproof Mascara | Spectacular Cosmetics Moisture Lipstick in Mystic

Links: Five Guys | Paradise Island Mini Golf | Intu Trafford Centre | Matalan | Wetherspoons

What do you usually wear for a day date? And what's your favourite thing to do? I'd love to know!

Here's to being out and about!


You Might Also Like

0 .

Check out my profile at Bloggers Required
Follow