The Autumn Tag // Lifestyle

12:30


Hey cats!

Okay yes I know, talk about jumping on the bandwagon here but in fairness I said I was trying to get into the spirit of Autumn so I figured what better way now that we're in the thick of it to do a nice Autumn Tag (find it here). 

1. What signifies the start of Autumn for you?

I'm an old-fashioned, pagan kinda gal so when Fall Equinox hits on September 22nd that's my official start, but from an atmospheric point of view the darker nights as well as all the Autumnal decor that suddenly hits the shops!

2. What is your favourite Fall scent?

I'd have to say Red Musk from The Body Shop, the colour of the bottle screams Autumn to me! It's a super musky (surprise!) heavy scent with woody notes and a little spicy kick; I'm not usually a fan of scents like this in candles but I adore that warmth in perfumes. This scent for me reflects those dusky nights and the lingering smell of fireworks in the air.

3. What is your favourite Autumn colour?

I'm a green lady through and through, although I find orange hues seem to suit my skintone and I guess that's a super Autumn appropriate colour! And black of course, for the blacker months.

4. What is your favourite Fall drink?

I'm not a PSL girl (yet?) and I don't know if I have a specific drink for this season, I still drink iced coffee in the dead of winter and my only kind of warm coffee is always black. I do seem to have been enjoying the occasional gin & tonic of an evening which is new for me, so maybe that's my Fall fave?

5. What TV show, new or old, are you looking forward to this Fall?

I'm really excited that Lucifer has come back (if you haven't watched it I insist!) and I plan on re-watching iZombie because I loved that so so much; I'm currently re-watching RuPaul's Drag race from the beginning because I needed an injection of sass into my life. I'm also reliving my childhood and watching Pokémon Indigo League, you can't beat the adult humour I've discovered it's full of!

6. What is your favourite Fall fashion trend?

I don't follow fashion much anymore but I've been seeing a lot of bardots and I love the long sleeve versions, especially when paired with a denim skirt or mom jeans! I'm also a fan of cute knitted ponchos, or maxi dress & jumper combos; anything that's hippie chic or oozing retro vibes, but weather appropriate of course. Ooh and I'm also a fan of strega/witchy vibes coming through in my outfits, anything with elongated sleeves and all black everything!

NYX Liquid Suede in Soft-Spoken and Sandstorm/NYX Prismatic Shadow in Liquid Gold/The Body Shop Red Musk/The Body Shop Colour Crush in Berry Me/The Body Shop Smoky 2 in 1 Gel liner in Black & Brown

7. What is your favourite frugal Autumn activity?

I feel like in the town I'm from there's really not all that much to do on the cheap! However I do like to go thrifting year round so Autumn is no exception and of course I love to get creative with pumpkins/gourds; Pinterest is great for inspiration and fab for finding other budget crafts to do. On the rare occasion that the weather is decent I won't turn down a nice wander too!

8. What is your favourite makeup look come Autumnal weather? 

As with most things I don't tend to change just because of the season, I wear dark berry lip colours and a smoky eye most of the year so maybe I'll throw some eyeliner in there and gold shadow, hell I may even go the complete opposite of the trends and wear bright lips instead?! Also, I'll probably mainly be wearing black or super deep, dark colours on my nails until next year, whoops.


I hope you enjoyed reading this, go check out Makeup Savvy and let me know how you'd have answered! Hope you're all having a wonderful Autumn

Stay curious



Follow me on Bloglovin'

You Might Also Like

0 .

Check out my profile at Bloggers Required
Follow