January Favourites!

20:01

Hey cats!

So here it is, my first ever favourites post! Here's what I've been loving this January...


Coconut Oil £2.29 (Superdrug)

I saw this in the latest issue of Dare magazine as one of Suki Waterhouse's must haves. I'm not one to follow celebrity recommendations but my skin has been really dry lately and considering the low price (and the fact I've been loving coconut fragrances this month) I thought it was worth picking up. What's great about it is that it's a multi-purpose product, which makes it even better value for money. You can use it on your face, anywhere on your body and also as a hair mask/treatment. I've mainly been using this on my face and it feels like such a treat every time I put it on. It's non-greasy, glides on and a little goes a long way. After I've put this on at night I wake up in the morning with really smooth skin and no flaky patches, success!

Bourjois 1 Seconde Volume Waterproof Mascara £9.99 (Boots)

The price makes me cringe a tad as I'm not a fan of spending lots on a make-up product (I feel like they all do the same thing no matter how cheap/expensive) however, with this I have been very pleasantly surprised. If you're sceptical I'd say its well worth the money, just hear me out.

I bought it on a whim because I was trying to find a mascara that gives length and volume in just one coat for the days when I'm rushing getting ready. I'm one of those girls that loves to pile on mascara. I often welcome clumps, so I'm used to spending time applying lots of coats and didn't really think anything could accomplish that in one go. I'd heard good things about this so gave it a bash and I honestly couldn't believe how good it is. It isn't runny or clumpy, it just glides on smoothly and dries quickly leaving you with super black and super fluttery lashes! And it really is waterproof, it survived a crying session at least. What's even better is despite it being waterproof, it comes off so so easily! It simply crumbles away at the stroke of a baby wipe. I've yet to find a downside with this mascara so if you're after something similar that doesn't take some fierce scrubbing to get off at the end of the day, this may be the one for you!


Dragon Fire Incense £0.99 (Attitude Clothing)

I never used to be a big incense fan but I've really gotten back into it lately. I got these as part of a birthday gift and they smell absolutely divine! It's a nice rich scent (almost quite like a perfume-y smell) but isn't too heavy at the same time and doesn't overpower your room with the smell. They burn for a good amount of time too and you get 15 in a pack. Definitely a nice little thing to treat yourself to if you're an incense or candle fan.


Smart Beauty Bleach-It Hair Lightener £4.99 (Superdrug)

After over-bleaching and a perming disaster killing my hair a few years ago I've been scared to go back to blonde despite really wanting to. But I found this and gave it a go and I'm really glad I did. It's super easy to use and comes with everything you need to bleach your hair at home, you just mix up all the sachets and away you go. What put me at ease with this product is it urges you to do a strand test to see if the dye breaks your hair or not, which I think is great. Only downside is these dyes don't always go far, at the time I had collarbone length hair and two packs of this only just covered all of my hair. But in my opinion they're worth it because it's quite a gentle bleach and leaves your hair shiny and soft after using which I haven't found with any other bleach.


George Leather Riding Boots £40 (Asda)

With being quite petite both in height (5ft) and build (size 6-8) it's never really been my thing to want high leg boots, mainly because they either make me look even smaller or they don't fit properly around my leg and I'm not a fan of it being baggy. However, the weather here has been horrendous and I was finding that I didn't really have monsoon weather appropriate shoes. Cue these little beauties from Asda. A lot of my purchases are whims, they tend to jump out at me from nowhere. I saw these and liked them because they were leather upper and looked more like a biker boot. I tried them and they fit my tiny size 3's like a glove! They are so so sooo comfy! Really warm, really weatherproof and not at any point of me wearing them have they rubbed or hurt my feet, and they fit great around the calf. What I love is that they are such a versatile boot, they go with dresses, skirts, shorts, jeans, you name it; they find a way to mesh wonderfully into any outfit. They also do a tan version which I may have to consider going forward into Spring.


Coconut & Almond Milk Shampoo £0.80 (Tesco) & Coconut & Almond Milk Conditioner £0.80 (Tesco)

I've got a bit of a thing for coconut lately and these are both just divine, not to mention amazing value. They both smell absolutely fantastic, coconut-y but not sickly, I just feel like I'm on a tropical island when I use these. They're also great quality, the shampoo lathers up beautifully leaving your hair squeaky clean and the conditioner makes your hair silky soft. Did I mention they both leave your hair smelling amazing too? Like a tropical goddess. Also, if you're a fan of dyeing your hair all the colours of the rainbow, the conditioner is great to use as a mixer with dyes (E.g Directions by La Riche) if you want to tone down a bright colour to a more pastel shade. Last point to mention is that neither product is tested on animals.


Provoke Touch of Silver Twice a Week Brightening Shampoo £3.09 (Boots)*

As you may be able to tell with the inclusion of a home bleaching kit, I am indeed battling with being blonde. The main goal is to eventually go white/silver and this is such a helpful product. I've used this in the past when I'd previously been bleach blonde and it really does banish the brassiness after one use! I like to use a range of their products because I think they all compliment each other well. Naturally because its a toner if you leave it in for longer than it states, or just use this as your shampoo every time you wash your hair, it really makes the difference on that quest for silver hair. Already after just under a months use I can see silvery/lilac tones shimmering through. So if you're looking to have lovely blonde locks without the yellow streaks, or if you're on a journey for silver hair without using dye I highly recommend this shampoo!

*You can also try Bodycare for these as they tend to sell products cheaper than most high street stores.

I'd love to hear if you've tried any of these products and your own thoughts and experiences of them!

Here's to a Happy February!

You Might Also Like

0 .

Check out my profile at Bloggers Required
Follow