My Barely There Quick-Fix Makeup Kit

23:38


Hey cats!

Yes that is a mouthful, but I can't contain my excitement. As an acne sufferer I've gotten used to using full coverage cakey make-up and lashing on much more than I probably need. Since I've started college again which includes a very early start, I don't exactly have the time in the morning to put on a full face of make-up, nor do I have the sleep to lose. So I've been on a search piecing together a perfect little kit of products that can get me feeling much more confident in much less time, and eureka! Now don't get me wrong, it isn't at all anywhere near having a 'full face' on, but I find it better than tackling a long day completely bare faced on only five hours sleep. I also have options where I can build up how much product I use depending on how much time I have in the morning.

Products used:
Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum (Shade 51 Light Vanilla)
Revlon Photoready Concealer (Shade 002 Light)
W7 Brow Bar Kit (MUA also do a good one, any eyebrow kit works fine)
Urban Decay Naked Palette
Bourjois 1 Seconde Volume Waterproof Mascara (as mentioned in my January faves)
Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick (Shade 02 Beige Trench)
MUA Mosaic Bronzer (Sunkissed Glow Shade 2)


How I apply:
  1. Using however much I feel I need I just apply foundation with my fingers blending evenly all over my face. Best thing I find with the serum foundation is you don't have to moisturise, fab time saver!
  2. If there's any areas I feel that need it I put on concealer and blend again with my fingers (optional)
  3. After that I quickly and roughly fill in my eyebrows using an Avon angled brush
  4. I then apply eyeshadow (you can really use any colour you feel works for you). I put 'sin' on my eyelids using the brush provided, and 'naked' into the crease using an EcoTools highlight brush (if I'm low on time I'll use my fingers to apply these, works just as well as a brush for me personally)
  5. I then curl my lashes (if I have time) and put on one coat of mascara
  6. I then quickly apply a good coat of lippy, I like the Rouge Edition one because it feels moisturising and doesn't go flaky or give you those weird white bits that can appear later in the day with some lipsticks. If the colour I use isn't right for your skin tone this range is still worth checking out to find one that suits.
Optional extras!
If you have a tad extra time the MUA bronzer (find here) is great to pop on as it's like a blusher and a bronzer in one, giving you a nice, healthy glow. Another product worth mentioning is Magic Minerals (find here) because it's great to put on over foundation, it looks natural but gives that extra bit of coverage. It's also fab to use if you literally have only two minutes, just blend this on using the brush provided and it smooths and evens out any imperfections. Plus it's a nice size to pop in your handbag in case you need a top up! Lastly, if you prefer a darker more striking brow above anything else, MUA do a great brow mascara (find here), just slick it on and let it dry or for even more definition add a coat of shadow too.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on any of the products mentioned or what your go-to products are!

Here's to easier early mornings!

You Might Also Like

0 .

Check out my profile at Bloggers Required
Follow